Sunday, July 12, 2009

C'mon, Wiggle! (37/6)

[37 weeks, 6 days]

Thanks to everyone who attended our baby showers! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to post, but I should be getting some from my mom soon. A big Thank You goes out to Mom and Cassie, who put together the shower at Grandma Maxine's. We're all ready to go with our baby gear (again, thank you to all!). Now all we need is a baby to go with it!

I spent the last week with a pretty bad cold, and I think it's finally clearing up enough that I can breathe. (Learning infant CPR while barely able to breathe wasn't the greatest, but then again, I hope I never have to use that anyway.) Ma
ybe that's all the baby is waiting for. Nick and I have started to try to give the baby the hint that, hey, today's a good day to be born! So far, however, no luck. :o) Wiggle's a little too comfortable in there, apparently. I have a hunch that our "any day now" will be in a few weeks and not today, as we'd like.

The weather's been helping me, though, not being as hot as it was a while ago. My feet are closer to normal shape, and it's easier to sleep at night. It's making these last few days/weeks be a bit more tolerable. My cold, however, has not helped, but that's getting better, too.
Today has been pretty interesting already. There was a Native American speaker and dancer at Prairie, who gave us a tobacco blessing for the baby. Maybe our sprinkling the tobacco in the prairie outside and thinking happy, "soon!" thoughts will be all the impetus Wiggle needs.

No comments:

First Half of 2026

It's been a whirlwind of a summer so far, so much so that I forgot to whip up this blog post until now.  2026 has been good to us so far...