Thursday, January 13, 2011

18 Months!

Felix turned 18 months old yesterday.  I look back at a year ago and remember a little baby who smiled a lot but couldn't sit up, was babbling, and about to start solid foods.  Two years ago, we were just getting ready to tell people we were expecting.  Wow.  Time sure files.

This morning, Felix signed "love" to me.  Nick said, "Tell Mama you love her" while I was holding Felix.  He then put his fists up to his neck, the closest he can come to making the sign for love.  It was the first time he's done that!  Aw!  And last night, Nick's birthday present came in the mail.  Because he can't say two-word phrases yet, I got Felix to say happy and birthday ("buhdee") separately.  It cracked us all up. 

Felix is also showing us a different way to look at the things around us.  He's latched on to moon shapes, and sees them everywhere.  Sometimes this confuses us.  The other night, he pointed at a coaster with a stylized drawing of a pilsner glass on it and said "mun!"  It took a minute for me to find that there was in fact a little moon shape within the drawing.  And this morning, he said "mun!" several times to the large poster we have in our dining room.  There are no moons in the picture that I could see.  I picked him up and asked him to point to the moon.  He pointed to the letter R.  It took me a second to realize that he meant the empty space in the upper part of the letter that did look like a moon.  I'm sure this is just the beginning of our sharp-eyed, smart little boy showing us a new way to look at the world.

Felix: 18 mos

No comments:

First Half of 2026

It's been a whirlwind of a summer so far, so much so that I forgot to whip up this blog post until now.  2026 has been good to us so far...