Tuesday, May 4, 2010

On the Move

We wanted to keep you updated on a few developments.  Felix had an initial evaluation with the Birth to 3 program on Friday, and I received a call saying that his development is on track and no further evaluation is needed.  That's a relief.  (He was initially referred to the program because of a low problem solving skills score on a questionnaire at his 9-month check up.  9 months?  Problem solving?  Argh!)

Felix is now crawling!  Properly, I should say, with hands and knees.  He just figured it out Sunday, and started reaching for things to pull himself up on.  He's still a little slow, and when he gets frustrated, goes back to the worm, but we'll be chasing him soon.  His new favorite objects are power cables.  Uh-oh.  I'm trying to give him an opportunity to discover what he can and cannot pull up on.  If I make everything stable, like laundry baskets, etc., he'll get the wrong impression that everything is okay and he'll hurt himself.  I just sit near him and let him try, but "rescue" him before he topples over.

Nick bought a new lawn mower, so he's also happy.

Felix: 9 mos

No comments:

First Half of 2026

It's been a whirlwind of a summer so far, so much so that I forgot to whip up this blog post until now.  2026 has been good to us so far...