Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Second Time Around

Iris is now four weeks old. I'd like to think that can't possibly be true, but I look at her and can see how much bigger she's gotten, and know it must be. They don't stay little for long, do they. Iris has outgrown her newborn clothing and is now in her fancy 0-3 month wardrobe. She's moved into the bigger size at the exact same time Felix moved up. Interesting - I wonder how much longer their development will be similar.

We're still figuring things out. I had the thought a few days ago when I had to get both kids up and ready myself and drop Felix off at day care that I really didn't know how good I had it when it was just Felix at home. I was so bewildered and out of my element with him that everything seemed complicated. Now that we've been through it once before, having two isn't so hard - unless you have to do something with both at once with no help. Then, it's chaos, but you still manage to figure out how to do it.

Iris has started to get some gas/spitting up problems, so she's starting to fuss more often. At least she's not unhappy for long. She at least gives me some longer stretches of sleep at night, but occasionally, Felix will wake up right smack dab in the middle of one of those periods. Argh. Also having been through things before, we're hesitant to do things like use a pacifier (knowing how hard it was to break Felix of his habit), or rock her to sleep, or any number of things that ended up backfiring on us after a while even if it worked at first. In a way, it makes it a big harder. The first time around, you're desperate. The next time around, you think, am I really *that* desperate?

Felix: 3 yrs & Iris: 4 wks






No comments:

First Half of 2026

It's been a whirlwind of a summer so far, so much so that I forgot to whip up this blog post until now.  2026 has been good to us so far...