Sunday, September 16, 2012

Iris: Week Two

We're two weeks into our Adventure with Iris, and things are still going well. She's a voracious eater, which has resulted in her gaining nearly a pound over the last week (was at 6 lb, 9 oz at her check-up on Friday). At least she lets me sleep in two hour stretches at night. :o) Hopefully we'll work our way up to longer soon, but this isn't too bad.

I've been getting out with her at least once a day, either for a walk or to run a quick errand. She doesn't fuss much, and with the exception of her bit of recent growth-spurt cluster feeding, I can get her out and back before I need to feed her again. Today, the whole family went to the zoo with Grandma - such a pleasant morning!

- One of the few things that makes her mad is putting and taking off shirts - almost a guarantee to make her cry a bit.
- She likes to play what I call "gotcha!". While I'm dealing with disposing of her dirty diaper, she likes to dirty the next before I have a chance to completely secure it on her. Gotcha, Mama!
- Like most little babies, she makes the funniest faces when she sleeps, quickly transitioning from a grimace to a big grin in seconds. I love watching her face change like that.

Felix: 3 yrs & Iris: 2 wks

No comments:

First Half of 2026

It's been a whirlwind of a summer so far, so much so that I forgot to whip up this blog post until now.  2026 has been good to us so far...