Wednesday, December 14, 2011

'Tis the Season!

I look out of my office window and see... dark sky through a smattering of rain. Not exactly what you'd picture this time of year. But remembering last year's 10"+ snowfall we had by now, I'm not complaining. I don't much care for driving in the snow. The Christmas lights I put around the windows are hopefully brightening the day of the drivers who can see them. It sure looks dreary out.

We're in Christmas mode at home. We've had our house decorated since before Thanksgiving. This year, our tree has two pickles and a new find-the-_____ ornament: a pineapple in honor of our favorite show, Psych. :o) It took Nick a while to find it after I brought it home.

Felix is VERY excited about our plans to visit grandparents this year (instead of having family Christmases at our house), a fact he mentions several times a day. The upside is I'm teaching him about days and calendars.

I took Felix to visit Santa (Felix kept correcting me that it was, in fact, "Santa Claus") last weekend. He was very nervous to see a large man dressed in red, but as the picture proves, I managed to get a smile out of him. It is kind of funny that the whole picture-with-Santa thing is primarily for the parents benefit, not the kids. The younger ones I saw were too afraid of Santa to get a good picture, either crying or running away. The older ones seemed a little creeped out, too. I don't know if we'll be getting another picture with Santa in the future.

In case I don't get another post in before Christmas, Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Felix: 2 yrs

No comments:

First Half of 2026

It's been a whirlwind of a summer so far, so much so that I forgot to whip up this blog post until now.  2026 has been good to us so far...