Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Felix's 1st Birthday Party!

We spent a lovely 4th of July with family at Grandma Maxine's house, which also doubled as the setting for Felix's 1st birthday party. Steve, Vicky, Ralph and Ann joined Grandma, Dennis, Mark, Karen, Cassie, Nick and I to wish Felix a Happy 1st Birthday! Vicky brought a wonderful cake, complete with a mini cake for Felix that he demolished. Several of us went on a tube float down the Waupaca River, which was a little lower than usual. Ralph and Nick found nice sticks to help get them through the tricky patches. I had an embarrassing scene, where I overreached for an empty can Cassie dropped and flipped my tube, smacking my back on the rocks in the process. Ouch. Anyway, we floated back to Grandma's, dried off and had cake. Once we hosed off Felix, he got to open his presents. Thanks to everyone for his gifts! He's already gotten his hands on most of them, and they'll grow with him for a while.

Our little man will actually turn 1 year old in six days! Boy, this first year has flown!

Felix: 11 mos


















No comments:

First Half of 2026

It's been a whirlwind of a summer so far, so much so that I forgot to whip up this blog post until now.  2026 has been good to us so far...