Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rough night

Felix has a cold and consequentially, hasn't been sleeping well at night.  He coughs out his nuk, then proceeds to just make noises until I get up to stick it back in his mouth.  Last night was the worst it's been in a while.  He was wide awake at 3 am, coughing occasionally, and not being able to fall back to sleep.  I spent an hour rocking him, and just when he fell asleep, I tried to put him back in his crib.  Mistake.  He immediately woke back up and started crying.  I went the drastic route and brought him into bed with me, propping myself up so he could sleep in my arms.  All well and good for him, but I couldn't sleep for the next hour.  After that, he was sound asleep enough to lay him down in the bed next to me and I managed to get about an hour of sleep myself.  It wouldn't be so bad, but I'm getting hit hard by the same cold he has and today I'm just dragging.  I would love to take a sick day for myself, but I just don't feel I can spare them with how many hours I've had to use this year already.  I just hope he kicks this quickly.

Side note: My grandma is undergoing surgery today to remove a cancerous tumor.  I'm praying everything goes well!

Felix: 8 mos

No comments:

First Half of 2026

It's been a whirlwind of a summer so far, so much so that I forgot to whip up this blog post until now.  2026 has been good to us so far...