Sunday, September 16, 2018

End of Summer

Short and sweet update to wrap up summer.

August and the first part of September were very busy for us! We took a breather at the beginning of August, since we had been traveling for four straight weekends. The following weekend, I had my 20th class reunion, which I helped organize. It was nice to see so many familiar faces and catch up with people.

Nick and I took a second honeymoon to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary this year. We left the kids with our parents and headed to Munich and Prague for a 10-day trip. (Read all about it here.)

Iris turned 6! She got Lego sets and chemistry sets. She's a budding scientist!

We had a wedding here in town Labor Day weekend. It was a lovely event and the kids were fantastic.

The kids started the school year after Labor Day. Felix is in 4th grade and Iris is in 1st. They are already getting into the swing of the school year.


Iris started gymnastics. She's been impatient to turn 6 so she could start the levels.

Lastly, playing with a prism!

Felix: 9 yrs & Iris: 6 yrs

No comments:

First Half of 2026

It's been a whirlwind of a summer so far, so much so that I forgot to whip up this blog post until now.  2026 has been good to us so far...