It was definitely a white Christmas here. We've gotten ~ 10 inches of snow so far. I bought new sleds, and we tested them out one weekend. They might be a bit too fast for our backyard - both kids were done (and snowy-faced) after only two runs each.
Iris has been suddenly full of words, many of which we can actually understand. Sh can identify and say more unusual shapes (moon, star, heart), knows most of her major body parts (though her nose sometimes is on her ear), and now is full of "Mama!" and "Papa!" She can't say Felix, so she's taken to calling him "Bada" (which I think might mean "brother"). As usual, it's a learning experience and she says several things that I have difficulty translating. I'm sure I'll figure them out soon. Right around Christmas, she learned how to say "no", much to our chagrin. Now, it's "no" to everything, even the things she wants. She is also getting pretty aggressive; she hits and throws things when she doesn't want to do something. Argh. Do we have a tomboy? Maybe. She also just started feeding herself with a spoon and fork. We still aren't sure if she's a leftie or a rightie.
We went up to Rapids on the 24th to spend Christmas with my side. It's been a family tradition since Felix was born that we do a theme Christmas picture. This year, Fancy! We got all dolled up with antique rhinestones (even Felix - he wanted to get in on the fun). We opened family presents that night. The kids got lots of nice stuff, and we got a beer brewing kit among other great gifts. We then had a nice time at Maxine & Dennis's on the 25th. And... that night, KENDRA CAME OVER AND WE WATCHED DOCTOR WHO TOGETHER! Sorry, I'm still excited that it happened. Since we both share a love of Doctor Who, we bade adieu to the 11th Doctor. Happy/sad.
We had Nick's parents down the following Friday. We had a nice time, then they spent the night before we drove to Germantown to have the that family Christmas. We had a lot of fun with lots of family. Nick got green and gold flamingos, which promptly went in the front yard in time for the Packers game. (Yay!)
Nick and I had the whole week off, but had the kids go to day care on Monday and Friday. On Monday, Nick and I went to my first movie in a theater since 2006 (we saw Anchorman 2), then went out to lunch at Novanta (mmm, wood-fired pizza). And then we got a water softener installed. Yay! Friday, we made our first batch of homebrew. Can't wait to try it.
Hope you had a great 2013 and a wonderful 2014!
Felix: 4 yrs & Iris: 16 mos

No comments:
Post a Comment