Monday, July 2, 2012

T-minus 10... (30)

...Weeks to go, that is. Roughly. I'm not a big believer in due dates (Felix came 12 days early by the doc's reckoning, and 15 by mine). I'm just hoping the kid sticks in there until September 2nd so s/he gets the school year advantage. I'm getting comments more frequently on my size - it seems Felix stretched me out and Kid 2 is taking full advantage. :o) This picture is a comparison of me at 30 weeks with Felix and with this baby. Hitting the 30-week mark has been a wake-up call that we should probably get a few things together in case the baby decides to come earlier than we'd like. Better get that car seat and hospital bag ready...

We've had some ups and downs the past few weeks. We took a trip up to Green Bay/Marinette last weekend for a friend's wedding, and Felix got to spend extra time with Nana and Grandpa. This past weekend, we made an unexpected trip to Rapids to attend the funeral of our long-time neighbor Sue. It was tough to say goodbye, because she was like our grandma next door. I'll miss her. But we ended up having a very nice time with the whole family back in Rapids at once.

I think I've been handling the combined pregnancy and heat pretty well so far. I had a hunch that since I had a mild summer when I was pregnant with Felix, I would bear the brunt of a full Wisconsin summer. Not only has it been the heat (90°s again?!), but we have been sorely lacking in rain in Madison. Our lawn is nicely toasted now and in danger of being burnt. The only plus is that Nick hasn't had to mow it much in the past month.

We hope you're keeping cool as well!

Felix: 2.5 yrs

No comments:

First Half of 2026

It's been a whirlwind of a summer so far, so much so that I forgot to whip up this blog post until now.  2026 has been good to us so far...