Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter! (18)

I got Good Friday off, and so we headed up to Rapids after Felix's Easter day care party and lunch. Felix handled the trip well, though he did not nap on the ride like we hoped. We had a couple of nice, relaxing days with my family. Felix got to do an Easter egg hunt in my parents' backyard. He got very excited when he found the eggs, usually exclaiming, "Oh! Look at that!" Sunday, we headed over to my Grandma's (nearly crashing into a monster turkey on the way) to see family and have a nice lunch before heading home. Felix got another egg hunt there, too. He very much enjoyed the weekend. So much so that he wailed for the last half-hour plus of the drive because he didn't want to go home.

We've got a couple of fun weekends planned: Felix is spending the weekend with his other set of grandparents coming up (all by himself!) and the following weekend, we're visiting a fire station!

And back to reality. We have our hands full getting Felix to listen to us when we ask him to do things. If he is playing and it's time to clean up, it takes asking multiple times and threatening to take whatever he's playing with away before it clicks that he needs to listen. And we really don't like threatening or bribing. Sometimes challenging him works (usually to a race up the stairs when heading to bed), and sometimes he'll just do it (and then we heap him with praise). There's little consistency in his behavior. Oh, the joys of 2 and a half.

But it's not all bad. I started singing "I love you so much when I kiss you" (then giving him a kiss). He likes this so much that he sings it back to me (so gloriously off key) and pulls my head down so he can kiss my forehead.

Things are going well with Kid 2 so far. Every test has come back normal, and I had another OB check this morning where I could listen to the little heartbeat. This baby has been punching/kicking for the last few weeks, which I enjoy. We have our ultrasound scheduled in two weeks, so we'll get another look at the little one. For a while, Felix proclaimed the baby a girl, but then suddenly switched it to a boy this weekend. His guess is as good as ours. :o)

Felix: 2.5 yrs

No comments:

First Half of 2026

It's been a whirlwind of a summer so far, so much so that I forgot to whip up this blog post until now.  2026 has been good to us so far...