As for the rest of the month, we finally got some snow and played. We watched the Badgers and Packers seasons end sadly. We celebrated Nick's birthday with a surprise visit from our friends Nate and Laura. We had visits from family.
Felix is the smartest little guy I know. (He launched into Take Me Out to the Ball Game yesterday, knowing all the words, when I haven't sung that song to him in over 4 months. Wow! Well, he did call it "fall game" :o) But with that cleverness comes challenges. He doesn't feel like he needs to listen to us, preferring to be independent in what he does. He also has impulse control problems that result in hitting/kicking when he gets upset. That's our main issue right now - how to get him to stop. Yesterday he hit/kicked two teachers right before I picked him up. He was sorry about it, but that meant no mints in the car on the way home and no treats after dinner. He did it again, so no stories before bed. He's been warned those will be the consequences if it happens again. I'm also going to start up the good day chart, where he'll get a small toy at the store on Friday if he is good every day that week. Hopefully something will sink in soon.
Felix: 2.5 yrs
No comments:
Post a Comment