Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pretend

Felix has started to play pretend, and it's quite cute! There's a step about a third of the way down to the basement where he can reach through the balusters and touch the basement ceiling. He's started pretending to take a handful of the ceiling and eat it. I asked him what it tasted like the first time he did this (on Monday, I think). "Banana bread," he said. He has since also said pizza, and asks to "eat banana bread ceiling" when we're carrying him up- and downstairs.

Also, I'm slightly less concerned about becoming a mother for the second time. On Saturday, I had the opportunity to watch a friend's 4.5 month old as well as Felix all by myself for a few hours. Considering that you get to know what your own baby's cues and not knowing this baby's, I think I did pretty well. I had one little stretch where both were crying, and I calmly handled that situation. Felix was also very good. He liked to be a helper (though he did attempt to hand her the rattle via the back of her head) and hug the baby. Give him another year and he'll be a great big brother when the time comes. :o)

Felix: 2 yrs

No comments:

First Half of 2026

It's been a whirlwind of a summer so far, so much so that I forgot to whip up this blog post until now.  2026 has been good to us so far...