Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What Felix Eats

I thought it would be interesting to post the foods that Felix has been introduced to by now, as something to look back on.  With the exception of a few jars received as a baby shower gift and the cereal, everything he's been given I've prepared myself, freezing pureed foods in ice cube trays.

* Rice/Oatmeal/Mixed Grain Cereal  * Bananas
* Sweet Potatoes                                * Apples
* Peas                                                 * Pears
* Green Beans                                    * Peaches
* Squash (butternut and acorn)          * Tofu
* Carrots                                            * Chicken/turkey
* Pumpkin                                          * Pork
* Avocado                                          * Egg yolks
* Cauliflower                                      * Pasta
* Spinach (big mess!)                         * Puffs/Os/crackers
* Lentils (not a fan)                            * Bread
* Potatoes                                           * Rice
* Mushrooms                                      * Blueberries (also messy)* Cheese/Yogurt/Cottage Cheese (do unhappy things to his tummy - we're going to wait until he's a year old before trying again)

Several of these items get all mushed together when I make baby food or when we prepare dinner.  Last night, he had a chicken/peas/rice mix.  This morning, in an attempt to get his to eat up the lentils I made, I mixed one cube with mixed grain cereal and pears.  It wasn't as bad as it sounds, I promise.  :o) 

As spring turns into summer and more fresh fruits and vegetables become available, I will be adding them to his diet.  I'd much rather feed him fresh peaches and pears than canned in any kind of syrup.  I think I'm going to try some "soups" soon, as well as beets, nectarines, and more big people foods, depending on what we're having for dinner on a given night.  He already likes turkey tetrazzini.

Felix: 8 mos

No comments:

First Half of 2026

It's been a whirlwind of a summer so far, so much so that I forgot to whip up this blog post until now.  2026 has been good to us so far...